Thursday 20 June 2013

Topshop Lipstick & Lip-gloss


For the review on the Eye Shadow Trio please click the link - Topshop Eye shadow Trio


As i was looking through the makeup section in Topshop The Glaze lip-glosses and lipsticks stood out to me. I have been looking for a bright pink lipstick for a while as i am starting to run out of the one i currently wear. So i needed wanted to get the lipstick but the lip-gloss just appeared in my hand when i got to the tills to pay ! 


I decided to buy the lip-gloss in a shade called Bubblegum. I love all things bubblegum so i'm guessing this was just another sign that I should purchase the lip-gloss and I am so pleased that I did. The colour is a lovely subtle pink. I was a little worried the lip-gloss would be a little bland but it definitely has a lovely colour to it. The gloss is very shimmery as it has little flecks of glitter inside the gloss which makes it even more pretty and girly. 

The product itself also stays on very well and is long lasting. I have been wearing it all day and have only had to top it up once. 
The lip gloss is £7 which i feel is quite reasonable as it is such a lovely gloss.



Now on to the lipstick! I absolutely love this shade. Although it is very bright so maybe it's not to everyone's liking. The shade I decided to get is called Bombshell. If your anything like me when you buy a lipstick you cant wait to get home to try it on. As soon as i left the shop I put the lipstick on and I can happily say it lasted me for the rest of the shopping trip! (around 3 hours also had a drink and it didn't budge) The lipstick is a little patchy when  first applied but i found as i put more on and rubbed my lips together it soon smoothed out. This may also be because I need to wear it in a bit yet. The lipstick is a little expensive at £9 but i think the price is justified with how long lasting it is as you wont have to keep reapplying. The lipstick does have a slight shine to it as you can see in the picture but overall is more matte than shiny. 


I applied the lip-gloss on top of the lipstick. This adds another great look! The lip-gloss tones the lipstick down giving it a more subtle look and a lovely deep pink shimmery effect. I would recommend buying a lip-gloss and a lipstick as you can have 3 great shades and also adds to the lasting power.

You can purchase both products at Topshop.

Have you tried any of the Topshop Lip-glosses or lipsticks ? I would love to hear your opinion 

Thanks for reading ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment